Remove a Virus Using Command Prompt:
Remove a Virus Using Command Prompt: Still happening good with your life and computer? Good if it working in a order if not so then this post is for you. Basically first i have to start about What a VIRUS is ? A program that has the ability to self-replicate by infecting other programs and files on your computer. These programs can have many effects ranging from wiping your hard drive, displaying a joke in a small box, or doing nothing at all except to replicate itself. These types of infections tend to be localized to your computer and not have the ability to spread to another computer on their own. The word virus has incorrectly become a general term that encompasses trojans, worms, and viruses. These types of viruses can be spread by USB/flash drive or form Wi-Fi/bluetooth and sometimes by transferring data from one PC to another PC . There are many antivirus software available to remove viruses from computer but Remove a Virus Using Command Prompt is the easy one out.
Such types of trojan viruses and files can be removed by using cmd, you can learn more about Viruses and Types of virus . In this article we will discuss how to remove a virus using command prompt in windows 7/8
Following steps can be used to remove a virus using command prompt from your computer:
- Go to start menu and type “cmd” in the search box or Start>all programs>accessories>command prompt.
- Open the infected drive such as write , g: to go to G drive.
- Now type dir/w/a . It will show all the files of the drive including hidden files.
- Locate AUTORUN.INF or any Virus and other suspicious files in the directory.
- Type command attrib -r –a –s –h to remove attributes of corresponding file.
Type del autorun.inf to delete autorun.inf file.
- Now type del virus name.exe t delete it, eg : del newfolder.exe .
- When you find an Autorun.inf file or any other unusual .exe file just rename it.
- Now you can access the defected drive without affecting the virus.
- To delete the renamed file go to the defected drive and select the file you renamed.
- Type cd recycler command.
- Again type dir/w/a to locate all file of the folder.
- Identify malicious files and delete them using above commands.