What is VPN connection
Here are three words for you: Virtual Private Network (more commonly referred to as VPN connection). If you’ve never heard of this term before, or aren’t sure about its exact nature in our hacking world, then chances are you’ve never utilized one. A VPN connection is basically a facilitated for several reasons, by individuals and the business sector alike. Anyone who initiates one for their time on the internet will have a variety of reasons. They can vary according to the individual’s needs and wants; scaling from minimal personal usage to access international television programs not available in their region, to encryption and security during time spent in cyberspace. In essence, a VPN is used to secure and encrypt communications when using an untrusted network (untrusted network such as free Wi-fi available in cafe,restaurant,college etc) which is in the public domain.To configure your FREE VPN connection read how to configure VPN services setup Tutorial
The latter is the more common theme. In this day and age where big brother seems to lurk in every corner of our internet browser, more and more people, and companies, are resorting to the use of a VPN provider. In fact, as people are educating themselves on the realms of the digital jungle that is fast becoming a second home, the VPN is becoming a common household name. And why not? With hackers at the ready to steal your sensitive information, and government regimes watching and monitoring your every move and step, the VPN connection is now an essential addition to add to our daily internet rituals. In essence, public networks are cesspits, and if we dwell in them too long, without the correct protective elements, then we tend to ‘pick up’ those bugs which dwell in them.There are different methods to hack your personal data such as passwords, history, facebook accounts and much more( using cain &cable,wireshark,etc) so it is highly advise to use VPN connection.
Do you know?
VPN connection are used in the UAE by some private individuals to access VoIP services and access some of the blocked websites that is why use of Virtual Private Networks (VPN) is illegal and can be punishable under the UAE law.
How does a VPN work?
When you use a VPN connection, the usual presentation is to launch a VPN client on your personal computer/laptop. You log into your computer then “exchanges trusted keys with a server,” and once both systems have been authentically verified, your communication on the internet is secure. Which means the information sent to the server is not sent directly, first the information is sent to the VPN where it acts as a tunnel, then the information is encrypted and last it is sent to the server (encryption is the process of encoding messages or information in such a way that only authorized parties can read it)
However, not all VPNs are created equally. When searching for the right VPN for your own use and benefit , it is important to know what it is you are signing up for, and who with. You need to take into consideration connectivity protocols, features and server locations. The best VPNs will offer a good selection on these criteria given below:
- Does your VPN connection offers maximum security with strong protocols,advanced encryption technology?
- Does your VPN provider offers Anti Malware/Spyware?
- Do you have the option of securing your phone along with your computer via Mobile Apps?
- Pricing of the provider
- Does your VPN provider provides maximum bandwidth?
The Pros and Cons of Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN connection)
- Virtual private networks offer more flexibility for business partners to communicate over a secure connection.
- Changing your IP will help you not only to unblock restricted websites, but also to hide your identity and protect your personal data from being stolen.
- A VPN connection will also create more ease of communication with remote workers and enable them to check in at the office without sacrificing security.
- You do a lot of things on Internet such as buy goods, watch media, listen to music, chat with friends, play and you can count on. The problem of the Internet nowadays is that your ISP, Network administrator or even some bad guys can relatively easy see everything you do while surfing. Because of encryption, VPN connection keeps all your Internet activity private, far from any unwanted eyes.
- Unblock restricted sites such as Facebook,twitter,youtube in school,colleges and offices
- With VPN just hide your IP, a fact that will enable you to download torrents without being discovered.
- The use of mobile devices to initiate connectivity to the virtual private network can cause security issues especially if the connection is wireless.For this reason, an added solution is sometimes needed to tighten up security when logging on to the VPN connection with a mobile device.
Best VPN services to buy from?
Essentially, the million dollar question to ask yourself when you are considering a VPN . What is the best premium VPN service available in market. Below list will make your thoughts clear:
(1) CyberGhost VPN:
CyberGhost VPN is an easy-to-use Virtual Private Network Tunnelling solution that boasts a lot of features! Some of the features we loved in CyberGhost VPN include the unlimited bandwidth and unlimited traffic, and all your traffic is encrypted using the 256-bit encryption that is powerful enough and untraceable
(2) Hide My Ass:
Recommended by a lot of popular media, Hide My Ass is one of the best VPN services you can ever have! The service comes with multi-device subscription, meaning that you do not have to pay for each device, but can use Hide My Ass in Windows, Mac, iOS and Android with the same level of effectiveness and security.
(3) HotSpot shield:
When you use Hotspot Shield, your publicly visible IP address becomes that of the server you connect to.
If you like to limit your exposure on the Web, this a great feature. Given the slow speed of most
free proxy servers, you could consider Hotspot Shield for that alone.
Video Tutorial: How VPN works by CyberGhost