How to Secure Facebook Account from various Attacks:
Facebook is one of the most popular social networking website till now which have more than 780+ active million. This social networking site gives people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. Due to its popularity, many hackers are also been active involving in hacking Facebook accounts of unsuspecting users, they have turned their attention to Facebook and its applications also. This make important for all Facebook account holders to know some tricks to prevent hacking and secure facebook account before its been hacked by hackers .College Students should have a Facebook account and knowledge of its basic navigation. This article will outlines many strategies as that such hackers use to gain access to Facebook accounts of hundreds of users each day and how you can stop them from hacking your account. Below are 6 Secret Techniques To Secure Facebook Account from hackers:
Do you Know?
99% Facebook Accounts are hack through Email Account.
Today is this post I will telling ways to secure Facebook Account from various attacks .If you want to make your Facebook account secure with Gmail Account, then secure your gmail account (2 step verification). For this you have to read my previous post How to Set up Gmail 2 Step Verification.If your Gmail account is secure it means your Facebook account 70% is already secured.
Handy Ways To protect facebook account from various hackers/Crackers attacks:
#1 Email Address Hack
All kind of hackers whether they are black hat or white hat all they needs to know is your email address , this is a first step to hack someone personal facebook account and he will be displayed a confirmation showing your name even if he enters the wrong password. How easily a hacker can then hack your Facebook account if he ‘guesses’ your password (if you use a weak password) or answers your security question! This is something I hope Facebook improves on quickly. Until Facebook does so, here are some tricks secure facebook account you can use to protect yourself from this vulnerability.
How to secure facebook account from being hacked by Email Address
Just follow these steps:
- Hide your Email Address from everyone by going to Edit Profile>Contact Information>Clicking on the icon beside your email address> checking ‘Only Me’.
- Change your primary email address to a one that is only known to you by going to Account Settings>Email> and changing your primary email to the new one (known only to you) and removing your previous email address.
- For additional security, when in Account Settings, check ‘Secure browsing’ and ‘Send me an email when a new computer or mobile device logs into this account’ and click Save.
Phishing is one of the working and the easiest trick to hack someone facebook account using phishing technique, in this trick users dive into fake Login Page and give out their login credentials. This is a way of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. This is similar to Fishing, where the fisherman puts a bait at the hook, thus, pretending to be a genuine food for fish. But the hook inside it takes the complete fish out of the lake. Sending people emails stating that someone tagged a photo of them on Facebook in the same format as such as facebook and giving a link below to the phishing website further reduces the chances of it being detected as a fake. Sometimes, spam Facebook apps, like those promising to tell who viewed your Facebook profile, automatically post links to phishing websites. A new trend among phishers is creating Facebook look-a-like widgets for stealing user’s login credentials. Phishing is being carried out by social engineering trick, which i will be discussing later.
How to prevent yourself from being phished?
Few points below will help you to prevent yourself from being Phishing Scams:
- If you are unsure whether an email request is legitimate, try to verify it by contacting the company directly. Do not use contact information provided on a website connected to the request; instead, check previous statements for contact information. Information about known phishing attacks is also available online from groups such as the AntiPhishing Working.
- Install and update anti-virus software, firewalls, and email filters to reduce some of this traffic. Take advantage of any anti-phishing features offered by your email client and web browser.
- Do not provide any personal information or information about your organization, including its structure or networks, unless you are certain of a person’s authority to have the information.
- Pay attention to the URL of a Website (is it http or https). Malicious websites may look identical to a legitimate site, but the URL may use a variation in spelling or a different domain (e.g.,.com vs..net).
Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information, rather than by breaking in or using technical cracking techniques. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery or deception for the purpose of information gathering, fraud, or computer system access; in this case the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim. This trick is to fool the user into making himself vulnerable to exploits. This could involve anything from sending spoof emails, pretending to be from Facebook, telling you to change your password to 12345678 to a hacker maliciously getting out the answer to your Security Question in a friendly chat or discussion.
How to prevent yourself from being socially engineered?
Stay aware during chats and discussions, if you don’t know them personally. Use a tough security question in your facebook profile, preferably one whose answer you would never disclose to anyone.
Be suspicious of unsolicited phone calls, visits, or email messages from individuals asking about employees or other internal information. If an unknown individual claims to be from a legitimate organization, try to verify his or her identity directly with the company. Facebook, or any other company for that matter, will never ask you to change your password to 12345678 or do something as silly as asking you to send out your login details to prove that you are an active user. Always think before taking actions and your e-life on Facebook will be safe from hackers looking to hack Facebook accounts.
If an attacker has physical access to your computer, he could just insert a USB programmed with a function to automatically extract saved passwords in the browser. Most of people have lack of time and they had just asked their Browser/windows to save their passwords. USB password stealer will do it’s magic and all the passwords saved on the system will be saved in a .txt file.To know more about USB password stealer read my previous post- How to make your own USB password stealer-Steal password using perndrive
Session Hijacking can be often very dangerous if you are accessing Facebook on a http:// connection. In a Session Hijacking attacker steals the victims browser cookie which is used to authenticate a user on a website and uses to it to access victims account, Session hijacking is widely used on Lan’s.This hack can be very effective and can cause major destruction if it is implemented in school,colleges,office, etc.
Do you know? Drawbacks using Session Hijacking
- You will be logged out when user is logged out.
- You will not get the password of the user’s account.
- Will not work if the user is using HTTPS connections.
How to prevent yourself from Session Hijacking Attack:
- Always work on SSL secured connections while using your Chrome/Mozilla browser.
- Always keep a look at the url if the http:// is not changed to https:// it means that sniffing is active on your network.
According to me its the best and ultimate attack to hack facebook account, as it always give 100% result. This is the easiest way to hack a facebook password for beginners. Keylogging sometimes can be so dangerous that even a person with good knowledge of computers can fall for it. A keylogger is basically a small program which once is installed on victims computer will record every thing which victim types on his/her computer. The logs are then send back to the attacker by either FTP or directly to hackers email address. To secure facebook account from keyloggers follow the steps given below:
Do you Know?
Keyloggers are often detected as threats by good antiviruses. Hacker must find a way to protect it from antivirus.
- Ultimate guide on Monitoring Software: keylogger hacking tutorial
- Firefox Remote Keylogger [Ultimate Tut]
- Download FREE Refog Keylogger 184.108.40.2064 + Crack
- Make your keylogger undectable using binders and crypters
How to prevent from Keyloggers Softwares:
- Always turn on your Windows Firewall- A firewall is a great defense against keyloggers because it will monitor your computer’s activity more closely than you ever could
- Always keep your Antivirus up to date- Try to update your antivirus as soon as possible, beacuse it helps to fight against these new Viruses.
- Install KeyScrambler – It is a very good keystroke encryption tool that protect your sensitive and personal information from getting into wrong hands this will help you to secure facebook account from being easily hacked. Blowfish and RSA algorithms in the KeyScrambler provides a strong protection against keyloggers.