The Time Is Running Out! Think About These 5 Ways To Change Your Secure Facebook Account
Fan of Facebook? Who isn’t. Facebook is the most popular social network in all over the social media and almost everyone is connected through it. As we all know that Facebook provides us many types of services like online chatting, news feed, content sharing, fake autoliker , videos , update fake Facebook status via fake phone . With such a different tools, are you keeping your virtual house locked and safe? With so much focus on managing the wall and running promotions, Facebook profile security is often overlooked. The good news is that Facebook’s security is actually quite effective and the bad news is we don’t know how to use it. So, it is our responsibility to keep our secure Facebook account from hackers by these Facebook security tips given below.
These tips are for those who keep on asking:
- how to protect your account from hackers in Facebook
- how to keep your Facebook account from being hacked
- how to protect Facebook account from getting hacked
- how to prevent your facebook account from getting hacked
We have seen our surroundings that most of the Facebook accounts are being hacked by Hackers (ways). And it is very important to secure our facebook profile form hackers. So, there are many things that every Facebook users must keep in mind while using Facebook to secure their Facebook data from hackers. Through this article, I will convey 9 best ways to make your Facebook account secure from hackers using Facebook security setting .Read the following tips and guidelines carefully to keep your Facebook account secure and safe from hackers. I bet, if you follow all the below ways to secure facebook account, then no one can hack your Facebook account.
#1 Update Password on a regular basis :
The first step to secure Facebook account is Updating your password on regular basis, for a week or a month. Poor or easily guessable passwords can easily be hacked. Never keep your Facebook password in a easy predictable way which can be guessed by your surrounding people. Read more about Ways to crack password-Hacking Tutorial.
- Use special characters like ! @ # <>in your password.
- Include numbers in password.
- Facebook account password is case sensitive. So try to use capital letters and small letters together like WelComeFB.
You can make password like: BlacK+1298ListHackerS or1298BlackList*Hacker
- Keep your nick name as password
- Keep your Date of birth as a password
#2 Don’t Use “Keep Me Logged In”
1st of all, if you’re worried that someone is on your account RIGHT NOW, i Suggest you to configure Facebook security setting and do the the following:
To log out of Facebook on another computer, phone or tablet:
- Click in the top right of your Facebook homepage and select Settings.
- Click Security from the left column
- Click where you’re Logged in,
- Find the session you want to end and click ‘End Activity’.
Note: The location you see is based off of the IP address used to access your account. If you want to know the specific IP information of a login, simply hover your mouse over that session’s location data.
#3 Where You’re Logged In :
The feature Where You’re Logged In helps you to review and manage where you’re currently logged into Facebook. It shows two sessions – Current Session and Last Accessed Session. This feature helps a lot. When our account gets hacked and If we want to know the location from which our fb account was last accessed, you can check it by this feature Where You’re Logged In .
You can also get the Estimated Ip address of that hacker by placing the mouse over Location.
#4 Use Trusted Browsers Feature:
Its the best way to use Trusted browsers feature, You can check which browsers you saved as ones you often use. One thing I should remind you here is Facebook asks you to Save Browser when you login. So always save the browser of which you often use in either your home or any trusted place. Why I`m telling you this is because when any suspicious activity is found or any hacker trying to access your account from somewhere else, Facebook will make your account to get Temporarily locked. So now Facebook will ask the owner of that particular account to get logged in from the previous browser which you often use. It means your Trusted browser will helps you to unlock your Facebook account at that time.
#5 Add A Secondary Email
One of the important step for how to secure Facebook account is Adding Secondary Email ID to your Facebook account. Facebook enables you to add another email with your Facebook account. Honestly, adding a secondary email with your Facebook account is not a security trick but it may help you whenever you will lose your primary email. So, if your primary email and password hacked, it may be your last and only medium to save your account by logging in with your secondary email.
To add secondary email Id to your Facebook account, Click Here.
#6 App passwords
- App passwords are one-time passwords you can use to log in to your apps and help keep your Facebook password safe. If you have login approvals turned on, you won’t have to wait to receive a code when you use an app password. Instead, you can skip login approvals and log in immediately.
- Go to your Security Setting
- In the App Passwords section, click Edit
- Click ‘Generate App passwords’ and then follow the on-screen instruction
Note: We’ll save a list of the apps you generate app passwords for, but we won’t save the passwords. If you log out of any of your apps, generate a new password.
#7 Trusted Contacts
- Trusted contacts are friends you can reach out to if you ever need help getting into your Facebook account (ex: you forget your Facebook password and can’t get into your email account to reset it).
To add trusted contacts to your account:
- Go to your Security Settings
- Click on the ‘Trusted Contacts’ section
- Click on Choose 3-5 friends and confirm your choices
#8 Login Notifications
- Login alerts are an extra security feature. When you turn on login alerts, we’ll send you a notification if someone tries logging into your account from a new place.
To turn on Login Alerts:
- Go to your Security Settings
- Click the Login Alerts section
- Choose the type of alert (ex: email alerts) you’d like to receive and click ‘Save changes’
After you turn on login alerts:
- You can save a device or browser to your list of trusted browsers or recognized devices. This way, you won’t get alerts about the computer or phone you usually use to log into Facebook. Don’t choose this option if you’re using a public computer
- If you ever receive a login alert from an unfamiliar browser or location, follow the instructions in the notification to reset your password and secure your account.
Enable Text & Email Notification: This is the second most important step toSecure Facebook. By enabling this option you will get notification when a new user logs in to your account from any PC OR mobile that haven’t used before through SMS on your registered mobile and email id, you have added to your Facebook account. That’s why Facebook confirms the device when you log in to your account and you can add that device/PC to authorized device by just saving it. So, always save your Home computer or your personal mob Not the PC in cafe because if someone try to hack your account then you will not notified about it. It’s the second option in the Security tab just after the Secure Browsing just enable both Text and Email.
#9 Remotely logout your account
Here’s one last thing that I wanna tell you that Facebook gives the option to remotely logout your account in all other devices. So, in case if you forgot to logout your account in any other device like in computer cafe or anywhere, you can simply log it out from anywhere else you want. Jut read this guide to log out your Facebook account in all other devices.
To do this, first of all, log in to your Facebook account in your device, Click on the Triangular icon on the Facebook notification bar and Choose Settings. Now, Click on Security in the left panel of screen and then look for the term Where You’re Logged In (in the right section) and click on Edit link in front of it.Next, inside the Where You’re Logged In section, you’ll see your account activity if any unfamiliar device would be using your account. Here you’ll also see when your account was last accessed and what is location where your account was operating. So, if you find any unfamiliar device using your account, then just click on End Activity link to remotely logout of all other devices
I’ve personally have had these security features on my Facebook business page for a while and all though i’ve had only 1 person try to get into it they were NOT able to access ANYTHING on my account.
Account hacked ! What To Do?
If you think your Facebook Account got hacked, immediately report it at Secure Facebook. Or can Direct Email At email@example.com.
So, these are my tips to Secure Facebook Account, you can also like Facebook Security Page to get latest news updates, features news from them directly to your newsfeed. Hope you like them and also secure your Facebook account by following them. If you have any query related to Facebook, you can ask us, anytime. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Us below to get our more tips related to Facebook directly in your Inbo.
I hope this guide help’s some of you. I know it’s helped me a bunch. If you have any concerns or questions feel free to message me and i’ll reply ASAP.